Okanagan Investor Ready workshop - full day workshop for 35+ entrepreneurs and investors held in Kelowna
- 50% said the workshop was excellent and 45% said it was good.
- 100% would recommend the workshop to their colleagues
- 72% said that the value of this workshop was $160+. 28% said it was worth $240
Some comments were:
- Well presented overview of options in funding a company
- Fantastic in terms of new skill presentation, investors, entrepreneurship.
- Really good course – workbook was worth the cost of admission alone.
- Worth attending – full of information if you are a startup company
- Absolutely VERY valuable and will definitely recommend
- It was a great introduction or refresher for investors and new companies.
- Good material, very useful information, great handout material
Vancouver Island Advanced Technology Centre (VIATeC) - half day workshop for 35 entrepreneurs and investors. 50% said the workshop was excellent and 45% said it was good. But 81% saying the workshop should be a full day, not a half day. 100% would recommend the workshop to their colleagues. 35% said that the half day workshop value was $120, 30% said $160, 25% said it was worth $200. Some comments on this workshop were:
- Should be required part of BC Innovation's Venture Acceleration Program - VIATeC Entrepreneur in Residence.
- Great Overview intro for initial angel investment
- A must for any company seeking investment or any person considering investing
- Very good overview of Early Stage investing - another VIATeC Entrepreneur in Residence
Accelerate Okanagan - half day for JumpStart Competition
59% of the responses said that the workshop overall was excellent and 41% said it was good
62% of the responses said they would pay $200 for the half day workshop, 8% said $250 and 31% said $100
Some comments on this workshop were:
- Great workshop, very useful information
- Great content in boot camp to becoming Investor Ready
- This content is invaluable
- Great, especially explanations of complex issues in a simple effective manner
- Loved the case study
- This is a participation sport and it was quite interactive
- A good introduction to getting yourself ready.
- Great coverage of a complex topic.
- Very informative, but quick
- Lots of information - good to get the workbook to read after
- Was interesting & helpful, but rushed
- Suggest pre-reading materials be distributed beforehand.
- Great information for people new to this
University of British Columbia – entrepreneurship@UBC
60% said that the workshop overall was excellent and the other 40% said it was good.
58% of who attended said they would pay $200 for this workshop and another 32% said $300 and 12% said $400.
Comments on the workshop were:
- “Learned how look from an Angel Investor’s point of view”
- “A lot of new valuable info which every Engineer should be exposed to”
- “A very good overview of a lot of material – great resource for new start-ups”
- “Very useful inside info about the process as a whole and key specific pointers”
- “Incredible useful introduction. Establishes a very positive feeling about financing”
- “Worth it if you are not studying entrepreneurship, but repetitive””
- “Very informative, I feel like I have a manual on pitching to Angel investors”
- “In one day, the fundamentals you need to be Investor Ready”
- “Very insightful, great reading material”
- “Amazing breadth of content”
- “A required course for student start-ups about to embark on fundraising”
- “Great overview on how investors see and evaluate companies prior to investing”
- “The workshop would be extremely valuable to all start-up entrepreneurs”
- “Excellent for any member in a start-up regardless of position”
- “Good especially for Engineers”
BC Institute of Technology – Venture Development Program - half day
Their evaluations said: 45% said it was an excellent workshop and 55% said was a good workshop
1 person said they would pay $300 for the (half day) workshop, 35% said they would pay $200 and 59% said they would pay $100
- Must attend for any serious entrepreneur. Best session so far, well prepared, lots of dept, great handouts
- Great information on investment requirements
- Take the course, especially if you need to raise Angel investment and you haven’t raised from them in the past
- I have a better understanding of business investment
- Great overview on what investors expect
- A must if you are looking to attract Angel investing funding
- Need to know information for raising investment capitals
- Class hands on and informative
- Good overall summary, but short on detail – sort of a “trial” of actual workshop
- Helpful for people looking for investment
- Helps me understand what motivates investors
- The “how to” – what’s required to approach investors
Accelerate Okanagan – Jumpstart attendees:
92% said that the workshop overall was excellent. Some comments on the workshop were:
· “Great session for any company seeking early stage investment”
· “Very good inoculation against your own bad business instincts. Keeps it real relevant and well focused“
The feedback on your Investor Ready workshop was very positive. Clients said "it was awesome" and our staff stated that you delivered an "MBA light", equating to $50k of value. Jason Neale, CEO, Accelerate Okanagan